Sulu Release 1.5.8 & 1.6.11

We have recently released Sulu 1.5.8 and 1.6.11. These releases contain various bug fixes that I would like to explain in this post.

Session handling

Sulu is separated in two areas, one being responsible for the website and the other for the data adminstration. Until now the cookie for the admin login has been registered for the entire domain. This means of course that there is also a session started on the website. While this definitely has a performance impact it also caused some bugs for applications having a separate login on the website. For these reasons the session is now only started for any URL starting with /admin.


We also fixed a very annoying issue: The text editor allowed saving (e.g. a page) while being still in its source code mode. The problem is that if this mode is not closed the entered code will not be validated and corrected if necessary. This meant it was possible to write invalid HTML which the text editor couldn't handle when it was opened the next time.

For this reason we now prevent saving if any text edtior is in source code mode (if you try to save in the mode the validation will mark this field as invalid).

Handling of non-Sulu users

We have a Doctrine EventListener being responsible for updating the field holding the changer and creator of an entity. This listener was only working with Sulu users. If another user has been passed it was throwing an exception.

But if you have built another application around Sulu in the website part it was not able to save any entities because this listener was throwing an exception. So we removed that exception and just ignored the listener in that case.


The preview was not working correctly with property names in blocks having an underscore in its name.